Monday 24 April 2017

Evaluation- Progress from priliminary task to main task


I have come a long way from my preliminary task. especially with reference to using the technology and incorporating music and sound effects to make the radio sound more genuine. There may well be similarities between my main task and preliminary task however the level of improvement from preliminary to main is vast.

At the time that i started recording/ making my preliminary radio i new near to nothing about the technology i used to produce it and how to make it sound more genuine. I also spent less time preparing the script and took less time checking it over and making sure i was totally satisfied with it. Whereas for the main task i unremittingly checked through the script and sound effects i had chosen to make certain it sounded as real as possible and that i was happy with the calibre and worthiness of it all. In my mind the preliminary task was a way of getting an idea of the technology and software etc so that when it came to the main task i vaguely knew what i was doing. It was a good opportunity to get a feel for all the equipment.  

A key facet that helped with the writing of my main script that i learnt from my preliminary task was that using audio and background effects you can make the listeners thing that a recording was taken outside or in various different places. This really allows for more creative script writing and was especially beneficial with reference to advertisements as it allowed my vast imagination to explore many more ideas than before and and allowed greater variety of choice for stories and adverts.

Here i will add my finished preliminary task alongside my finished main task. I am hopeful you will notice the vast improvement from preliminary to main task and you can notice the greater detail i went into in my main radio station compared with that of my preliminary radio.

No comments:

Post a Comment